market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic questions
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:52:31 -0500

Best of luck. We sell them quite readily. Bunches of 6. Use like scallions.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM, cjmaness AT juno.com <cjmaness AT juno.com> wrote:
Thanks again Todd.
I did buy garlic from  Filaree Farms this year. We planted all of that first, in the better prepared beds. Then we moved onto the locally grown "junk". I went ahead and planted the small cloves and we'll try the green garlic at our market. I've never seen anyone offer it before, so this will be new for us, as well as the market.

I did a google search for green garlic and was amazed at all the newspaper articles and recipes that popped up. But, my husband and I both have noticed that when something is a big hit on the east or west coast, it takes several years for it to makes it way to Oklahoma. Maybe my timing will be just right!

Carla
Perkins, OK