market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Broccoli and Cauliflower questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Broccoli and Cauliflower questions
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 06:12:25 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the info Bill and Rivka.  I am aware of the DTM is just a shot in the dark, but I was hoping for a little closer than 35-45 days longer.  I guess all those weeks of cold, cloudy weather took it's toll.  Our 8-15 day forecast is for highs  from 55-75 and lows in the 40's.  Maybe we will have cauliflower and broccoli for Thanksgiving.

Next spring I will spray with Bt.  I ordered it for this fall crop, but I never recieved it.  We had lots of sickness and I forgot about it.  Finally I called the company and they said they shipped it and the USPS lost it.  They replaced it, in fact, they upsized the order because they don't sell the smaller quantity.  So I have it ready for the spring.  It just doesn't seem smart to spray it now.  I will deal with any loopers, after I drown them!