market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] good conference for small growers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mark rousseau <mark.rousseau AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] good conference for small growers
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:50:40 -0500

Phil,
  do you have a link for signing up for the upcoming conference?  I've been googling but so far no luck.

thanks,
   Mark
On Oct 12, 2009, at 11:27 AM, SaladG AT aol.com wrote:

Barb we do the St Joe Missouri conference and this coming years line up looks very intresting to say the least.  Sessions include: Beginning Grower, Vegetable production, Pest Management, High tunnel Production, all day Saturday Cut Flower Track, small fruit, Farmer Markets, Organic Production, Marketing, and plus the trade show which is a good time to get some show specials on a lot of products.  Also no Jan 7 they have  a all day session on high tunnel in one room , and a all day session on CSA conducted by E Henderson again , and a new session on Pricing & Profits workshop so it really sounds like three days of plenty to do.  We have gone to this conference for many years and have never been disappointed on what you can learn from all the other growers that come to this market, everyone is friendly and love to share with other growers.  The room rates are very reasonable, I haven't seen them yet but usually $69 for double occ.at the Ramida Inn

Phil from Iowa