market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Breaking sod

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shelly <shelly AT idlethyme.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Breaking sod
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:20:43 -0600

Chris,

When breaking new sod here in Wyoming (which I am in the process of doing now), I make several passes with the disc and then do a light till. This should be enough for the cover crop to take hold. Doing a deep plow in the spring will get you ready for the season without losing soil over winter. Hope this helps.

Shelly Montgomery
Idle Thyme Farm
~Finally back in business~