market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Monsanto Boycott - Bartering

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Monsanto Boycott - Bartering
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 18:47:54 -0400

How does bartering fit into the legal scheme of things concerning seed?  I know its a kind of grey area in respect to other issues.  I don't know how it would work in our money and greed economy but it seems worth a thought given the present environment.  It would certainly take some sort of extensive network to work properly that would most likely be impractical but creative thinking can sometimes perform miracles LOL.  I imagine that bridge has been closed or would be closed soon would something like this actually work but I'm still curious.

DO NOT DESPISE THE SMALL ACT.
Every small act, if you do it deeply, profoundly,
can touch the whole universe. My small act, your
small act, her small act, his small act. Millions of
small acts will build a wonderful world. You can
move the hearts of thousands of people.

--Chan Khong

"There have been a number of seed companies disappear in recent years, mainly through corporate acquisitions. Of those who've remained, many simply serve as marketing channels for the remaining corporate seed companies. I noted in the list of varieties being dropped by Fedco that some were old varieties or public varieties that weren't always the property of Monsanto. Because they are not GMO's, there is no reason why you can't save seed for your own purpose. You couldn't sell the seed but you could grow them. Seed To Sow is a good book on the subject of saving seed."

Bill

Click here to find the satellite television package that meets your needs.

  • Re: [Market-farming] Monsanto Boycott - Bartering, Wyatt Jones, 09/06/2009