market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] irrigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] irrigation
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 06:10:15 -0700

Wyatt, I irrigate sweetcorn with a big gun type sprinkler placed on stations. I lay a 4" aluminum pipe between 40 rows of corn and there are tees called gun stations every 160 ft. in the pipe line where the movable gun is attached to. I water on one station for two hours then move the gun to the next station and so on until I get to the end of the field. This is how it was done before hard hose travelers were developed... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.