market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] toping tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Don Lareau" <dlareau AT tds.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] toping tomatoes
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:29:21 -0600

I am wondering if anyone has ever topped tomatoes.  We have lots of growth and we are tired of trellising and the ones at the top will likely not ripen anyway so we are thinking we could top them to send energy back into the plants.  All of these tomatoes are indeterminate; ripening slowly this year and it seems fall is already approaching,

Thanks,

Don Z5 Colorado