market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] toping tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207ME.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] toping tomatoes
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 07:54:42 -0400

At this place tomato blossoms are pretty much useless within 5-6 weeks of planned frost so I used to cut back hard on plants during August. Some cover is necessary to prevent sunburn, but the sun gets weaker and the days shorter as we get to Sept. it seemed to increase ripening and made harvest easier.

But, thats at 45 degrees latitude and a mile or more further from the sun.

MAsteveINE