market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The regulation machine has begun

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The regulation machine has begun
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 12:36:57 -0500

Greetings,
So far, most of the stuff doesn't bother me. I already have a restroom close, use washable gloves, keep my produce up off he ground. Them telling me I can just dump rabbit manure on my gardens sucks, but as I understand it, farms that sell direct are exempt from all this. Did I read that incorrectly? Bright Blessings,
Kim

Jack Moffitt wrote:
Go to : http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guida... <http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/default.htm>
The regs are out on melons , greens and tomatoes. Hundreds of pages. Be sure to stock up on the plastic gloves and get the required clipboard to document your handwashing. Be sure and buy the fencing and bird net to ensure the wildlife are kept out of your production areas. These things are going to get scarce as producers scramble to comply.