market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Grape question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Grape question
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 06:29:43 -0500

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 09:07:12PM -0400, Richard Moyer wrote:
> Franklin,
> Knowing where you are located makes a huge difference in the types of grapes
> that will work for you, particularly for cold hardiness and resistance to
> diseases common to your area.

If Franklin is in The South (or even elsewhere), he might benefit from
looking into Munson varieties developed by Thomas Varney Munson around
the turn of the century:
http://intertwining.org/twining/VITICULT/muncen.htm
Cuttings from some Munson varieties have been available from the T.V.
Munson Memorial Vineyard , though I don't find any current links.

Munson bred and selected (seeded) varieties from native grapes he
collected from across The South.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 600 days 21 min minutes