market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tracking soil temps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207ME.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tracking soil temps
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:10:18 -0400

Zone really doesn't matter in summer growing.

Robin
Seasons Eatings Farm
Talmadge, Maine

Guess you will have to say we are in the soggy zone!

We had 2 nights last week that were less than 2 blankets, the only 2 so far this year, and after being outside as much as I ever am, I got a sunburn on July 20.

Found a place on solid ground to run the mower on Sunday, by the time I got done baling yeatyerday it was raining again and it looks like it will do so for a week...........again!

So dark and wet that beetgreens got too tall for Kevin the produce guy to
have much interest in, so the pigs are loving them, wonder if they will still think they are good after 50 bushels. Fortunately the peas were all on trellis
so they did not rot and 8-10 bushells have been shelled and frozen.

We will not have squash and pumpkins as 3 seedings rotted in wet ground before germinating, anyone got good ideas on a seed treatment for future years?

This is a report, and not a complaint, but I do hope others are having a better year.

MAsteveINE

MAsteveINE