market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hightunnel growers and raspberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy Nameth" <mlynnn AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hightunnel growers and raspberries
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 08:31:57 -0600

Did anyone see the article in “Growing” about Prussack’s tunnel production of raspberries in Vermont?

http://www.growingmagazine.com/print.php?id=3665

We have a nearby grower that’s doing raspberries in a smaller tunnel covered with the heavy/woven poly and the advantage here is the protection from our hot, desiccating winds. The woven poly also offers some protection from our intense sun.

The Harnois tunnel they’re using with the vertical top vent looks really interesting.

Does anybody here have experience with them?

Thanks!
Marcy

SE Colo