market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Quik Shade (Robin Follette)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Debbie Moore <caverdjmoore AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Quik Shade (Robin Follette)
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:04:21 +0000

> We sprayed the corners with silicone so that it slides alright now but that
> doesn't lessen the strength it takes to extend the legs the last 2" to get
> it locked. Does anyone else have model and have suggestions on making this
> easier? I'd like to drag it across the road and heave it into the river
> every week.

Hi Robin -

I put all of the legs up a couple notches, then grab one and put my shoulder
under the frame and shove with my shoulder that last 2" until I hear it click
into place (using my hold on the leg for leverage). That works about as well
as anything else I've tried alone as I just don't have upper body strength to
try to pull it up into place. Looks funny I'm sure, especially if I have to
bound the frame a couple times, but it always works. Then I finish
lengenthing the legs.

Deb
zone 5