market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] shock from the ground wire

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] shock from the ground wire
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:48:19 -0400

THanks for the advice. While I didn't actually figure out this problem, I did
solve the bigger problem, of getting the fence to work. I am using metal T
posts, and to save on those plastic wire holders, I wrapped the posts with
strips of EPDM (inner tube material) as insulation. Turns out it's not a good
insulator at that voltage--the line was shorting out at the first post. I
replaced it all with the plastic holders ,and the fence is now charged.

--
Richard Robinson
http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/