market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pasture chicken run and racoons

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin Follette" <list AT seasonseatingsfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pasture chicken run and racoons
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:32:11 -0400

Another vote for farm dogs.  I have two farmcollies and will be looking for a pup in the near future.  They keep coons, coyotes, hawks, crows and small pests under control.  My dogs are a mother/son team.  The female would rather work livestock and take care of ground pests.  The male is obsessed with the sky.  He's always looking up for birds.  We no longer lose chickens, ducks and turkeys to predators.

Robin Follette
Seasons Eatings Farm
Talmadge, Maine

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe