market-farming - [Market-farming] anyone grow Yellow Canary tomatoes??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] anyone grow Yellow Canary tomatoes??
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:48:33 -0400

I started some of these not knowing what they were.  The packet given to me said "Yellow Can-" with the rest of the label torn off.  When they began growing out it was evident these were dwarf tomatoes with very distinctive dark foliage.  A customer to the greenhouse today identified them as Yellow Canary.  TGS says it can be grown in a hanging basket or a 7 inch pot.  I'm thinking of potting them up into hanging baskets to sell for Mother's Day.  Will the plant grow large enough to "fill" the pot, tumble over the side, or should I plant something else to hide the edge??  And what do you charge for your hanging basket tomatoes??

Liz Pike
Horseshoe Gardens
Hillsville VA
zone 6a/7b