market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] vacuum seeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] vacuum seeders
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:57:27 -0700

Years back I bought an EZ Seeder which uses 10x20" plates pre drilled for
plug trays. I probably got $700 invested in it. Its been sitting on the shelf
for ten years. I don't like plug trays much, I guess if you have
inexperienced transplanters working for you a plug is a fool proof way to go.
Personally I prefer the 20 slot seedling tray where I hand transplant bare
rooted seedlings. It takes a bit of skill to properly transplant bare rooted
seedlings but in the end I think I spend less time hand transplanting then I
do fussing with vacuum seeders and plugs. Another thing I hate about plug
trays is that they dry up in the blink of an eye... I remember when the first
plugs came on the market back in 1977. I met the inventor and remarked what a
great idea and wished him luck little did I know plugs would industrialize
the plant business and kill the little guys like me...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.