market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] vacuum seeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] vacuum seeders
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:40:05 -0400

For relatively small quantities, less than 10 trays at a time of a particular variety, I have found that it is quicker and more reliable for my guys to use the Gro-Mor vibro seeder and seed each cell individually than to use the Gro-Mor vacuum seeder with a wand which seeds a row at a time.
Andy

Liz wrote:
What ones do y'all recommend?? We'd love to get the Can-Duit but we already have the Berry brand seeder that we can purchase new plates for except it does a whole plug/flat tray and we want something for doing less cells. The Can-Duit is a bit pricey, but looks like it would do the job quick and easy however we prefer cheaper at this point ; )) I'm looking at the Gro-More vacuum seeder like Johnny's sells.
btw, we had another knock-out day at market yesterday and saw several returning customers who bought from us last week so we're already establishing "regulars". Even got custom growing orders from other vendors...thrilled beyond belief! Liz Pike
Horseshoe Gardens
Hillsville VA
zone 6b/7a