market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] How do you determine market/wholesale price

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Vinton Lawrence <vlawrence AT nets.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] How do you determine market/wholesale price
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:56:08 -0600

Beth,
Rodale still has the Organic Price Report on wholesale prices at various markets @ http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/Organic-Price-Report. It is not comprehensive (not Farmer's Markets), but it gives a clear outline of the range of prices and amounts (units) by which they are traded.

Vint Lawrence
Land's End Farm

Beth Spaugh wrote:
Maybe NewFarm will reply and give accurate current information. I THINK the
price project is dormant. I cooperated in it several years ago. The entry
wasn't hard at all, but finding time at market to see what prices were was
my challenge. But, I THINK the organic price project was grant funded, along
with the wonderful columns for new farmers that they had, and the grant has
ended, without longterm funding to keep it up.