market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pea patches

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pea patches
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 09:01:33 EDT

Liz we took some hog panels a lot of years ago and made a hoop trellis that we use for snow pea's and pole beans.  On the inside of the panels we plant snow pea's and on the out side we plant pole beans.  They mature about the same time but the peas are usually ready a week before the beans. I think Marie uses some of these hoops as well.  When both are producing we pick them together and sell them together by the pound.  Fun thing to sell when mix them together , I put up a sign, NEED SOMETHING TO STEAM.  They sell like hot cakes at our market.

If you can't have fun doing what you are doing why do it?

Phil from Iowa