market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pea patches

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pea patches
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:02:09 -0400

Liz - I grow a little north of you. I'm frustrated every year with bad pea crops. I t hink it's because our spring is so short and our April/May is usually very hot. Have you had luck with large pea crops down your way? If so, what varieties do you use and are you doing any special soil work? Thanks -Allan in Shepherdstown, WV