market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] introduction

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] introduction
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:23:54 -0400

Hi Heather. Could you tell me more about wholesaling to grocery stores? Do you have a contract? I looked into that a couple of years ago, and hit a lot of roadblocks. My local stores weren't interested in local produce, even though they advertise it (turns out that 'local' means local to their warehouse, not the stores). They told me that (if I had a million dollar liability policy), I could show up at the store with my produce and the produce manager would decide if he needed what I was selling that day. I didn't like those terms!

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: <Hmgrant77 AT cs.com>