market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] 3 PT Tiller / Spader

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] 3 PT Tiller / Spader
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:27:50 -0500

Hi Brian,

I have a Kuhn EL32 that I bought in 2002 which I have been very pleased with. The only issue I have is that the tines wear fairly quickly and I end up replacing them every 18 months or so. You'll find that the tiller will prepare a nice seedbed, but it is very slow.
Last season, I started using a 6 tine cultivator or 5' disk plow to prep the ground for my second planting in a bed. These are both considerably faster and did a good job for me.
Andy
www.FellenzFamilyFarm.com

bcluton AT aol.com wrote:
Hi folks,

We're considering added a 3-pt tiller or spader to the arsenal this season. I'm sure quite a few folks are running these. We'd be looking in the 5' to 6' range. Running it behind a MF 135.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions on type, etc. Do you love yours, hate yours, etc.

Thanks...

Brian
Zone 5
www.stonesthrowfarm.biz