market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Snow Load

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy" <mlynn AT pcisys.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Snow Load
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 22:47:33 -0700

I'm not familiar with Griffin. We've got a homemade frame with too little
slope to the hoop side and we spent Christmas day the last two years
scooping snow off the sides so it wouldn't collapse the hoops. When we put
up another, we'll go with the straight hip walls on the side just so there's
someplace for the snow to slide off.
I guess that's one thing to be thankful for since we're not forecast to have
a white Christmas here!
Marcy