market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Digital Min-Max Thermometers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Digital Min-Max Thermometers
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:31:43 -0400

On Jun 30, 2008, at 5:22 PM, Ken Bezilla wrote:

<x-tad-smaller> Any recommendations for digital min-max thermometers?</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>I used to have the mercury type ones, but haven't been able to find them locally anymore, and when I've tried to get them in the mail, I've had trouble with the mercury separating...</x-tad-smaller>

Where have you found the old mercury type for mail order? I thought they were off the market. If you spin the thing around hard in circles, often the separated mercury will rejoin.

The non-digital ones filled with a substitute liquid don't work. I don't know whether the batteries needed for the digital ones are actually better ecologically than the mercury, especially if I'm careful enough to almost never break one.