market-farming - [Market-farming] Introduction

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Introduction
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:03:27 -0500

Greetings,

Garth and I run a small sustainable farm, in Texas, NNW of Houston. We keep Dexters, Gulf Coast Sheep, Rabbits, a few Light Brahma chickens and major gardens. We began selling at the Bayou Farmer's Market this year and this is our full time income. We are working to divorce the feed store and be more like the original homesteaders, feeding our animals from our land. We have solar and aquaponics as works in process, learning about wind and methane production. We are slowly building up an orchard, so far we have apples, pears, plums and pecans.

A friend sent us a link to your group.

Bright Blessings,
Kim & Garth

  • [Market-farming] Introduction, Garth & Kim Travis, 06/22/2008