market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ? re sources potable water hoses and pack-wash-mo ve crates

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ? re sources potable water hoses and pack-wash-mo ve crates
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:21:54 GMT

Karen,

We use some crates we got from Monte Packaging. I think they are called grape lugs, or blueberry lugs. These will nest as well as stack, and we wash our produce, put it directly into the lugs, which have drainage holes, and then into the cooler. We've had ours about 4 or 5 years now and they are holding up very well. I've had several blow out of the back of the truck going down the highway at 65mph, and it didn't faze them! Scared me pretty good, so I don't stack them so high anymore.

We bought 50 to start with and I think with shipping they cost about 10 dollars a piece. Not cheap, but I think they will last forever. They clean up fairly easily as well.

Carla

Perkins, OK

Find the best deal for your dream automobile. Click here for high quality used cars!

  • Re: [Market-farming] ? re sources potable water hoses and pack-wash-mo ve crates, cjmaness AT juno.com, 05/06/2008