market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ? re sources potable water hoses and pack-wash-move crates

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bobbett <bobbett AT alltel.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ? re sources potable water hoses and pack-wash-move crates
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 12:36:02 -0400

Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland wrote:

I'm concerned about the lead that leaches from almost all types of garden hoses, as we use them for our dog's drinking water as well as for organic garden watering. Does anyone have any recommended types and sources of affordable long-lasting nonkink hoses that are proclaimed as safe for drinking water?

The lead-free hoses are the white ones. You usually will see them hooked into campers and such. You might want to check with a camper-type store and see where you can source them and what lengths them come in.

hth,
Bobbett