market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sources potable water hoses and ...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sources potable water hoses and ...
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 20:54:06 +0000

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 11:35:54 -0400
From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
Subject: [Market-farming] ? re sources potable water hoses and
pack-wash-move crates

Greetings all,

I'm concerned about the lead that leaches from almost all types of
garden hoses, as we use them for our dog's drinking water as well as for
organic garden watering. Does anyone have any recommended types and
sources of affordable long-lasting nonkink hoses that are proclaimed as
safe for drinking water?

Also, does anyone have any recommended types and sources of crates that
can be used for packing, cooling/washing, draining and then moving
produce (especially greens)?

Thinking of you all moving into your busiest season as we move into our
slowest,

All best wishes,

Karen
--

*Karen Sutherland **
**Roots Farm**

Hi Karen,

This is a new concern I'd never thought about or heard anyone else mention.
Has your water tested high in lead from the hose and not from the house? I'm
going to be bringing water in to work now to check, because I don't want high
lead watering my gardens or my animals, either. I'll let you know how it
comes out. It will be next week before I can run it. I've only been checking
the water from the tap.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com
http://arseedswap.blogspot.com