market-farming - [Market-farming] Grillo and/or BCS Italian Tractors

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Harriet Allen <hattie_allen AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Grillo and/or BCS Italian Tractors
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:21:12 -0700 (PDT)

Allan, in answer to your question about cost.  My Grillo G85D tractor, the rotary plow, the rototiller, and a 3' plastic mulch layer were about $4,000.  The rotary plow is expensive at about $1,000, but the most useful feature you can imagine.  The tiller is about $500, and does a very nice job, nearly two feet wide.  The mulch layer I have yet to use.  I had been doing that by hand and using 4' wide plastic mulch.  This is only 3' and that isn't very wide, but I'm told it does a very good job.  That will be wide enough for me, and changes the way I'll plant a couple of things, but not laying that mulch by hand will be a real help and save me hours of time.

This is the website and the equipment is offered at a good price, slightly below retail.
http://www.earthtoolsbcs.com/index.html

Hattie's Garden
31341 Kendale Rd.
Lewes, DE 19958
302-945-0350

  • [Market-farming] Grillo and/or BCS Italian Tractors, Harriet Allen, 03/30/2008