market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] WIC! Wicked!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] WIC! Wicked!
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:10:43 -0400

Elise,

Don’t feel so bad about sending kids home with inadequate protein.  If you can get them to eat the beans and rice together, they are getting as high a quality protein as eating meat.

The amino acids lacking in one are complimented in the other.  Now you know why black beans and rice are so popular in New Orleans.

Maury

 Sustainable agriculture in southern New Jersey