market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ainers...WIC! Wicked!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ainers...WIC! Wicked!
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 14:04:05 -0400

Steve,

You made me happy that I don't live in Maine (even though I love the state).
In New Jersey and Pennsylvania, we have regs, but not THAT onerous! Only
local produce can be sold, you must be a farm (they come out to inspect),
and you cannot sell processed food or food out of the area like citrus.
Other than that, the program is a pleasure to participate in. Pa. and N.J.
both give out four $5.00 vouchers.

Maury

Sustainable agriculture in southern New Jersey