market-farming - [Market-farming] Fw: Mainers...WIC! Wicked!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: <SustainableAg AT yahoogroups.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fw: Mainers...WIC! Wicked!
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:56:29 -0400

Sorry Gang, There was an M in that subject line when I sent it...I think!

To handle WIC the following requirements must be met:

The stand must be a permanent, enclosed structure with a roof, dedicated
solely to the sale of the farmers fruits and vegetables.

The stand must have defined hours and they must be posted.

The stand must have a difined season.

A full time attendant must be present during hours of operation.

At least 75% of the product offered for sale must have been grown by the
farmeror under his /her direction. Product not grown by the farmer must be
purchased directly from another Maine Farmer.

Farmers who redeemed less than $50.oo per year for the last three years will
not be eligible for authorization.