market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] winter storage of vegetables

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] winter storage of vegetables
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:41:43 -0800

On my farm I have a large not to attractive looking steel quonset barn with
concrete foundation and floors.
Locally they are called potato barns. Many of the larger farms around here
store potatoes carrots turnips
and winter squash in them. One thing I have noticed is that in over twenty
years I have been here, nothing
ever freezes in the barn even during single digit weather jugs of water never
freeze. What is so special
about the design I don't know, all I know is that it works... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.