market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] organic standards for cleaning out conventionalboom sprayer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Glen Eco Farm" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] organic standards for cleaning out conventionalboom sprayer
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:15:17 -0500

When Marlin was using chemicals on the dairy farm, he would put 100% ammonia in the sprayer and spray it out.  Couldn't it be sprayed on a road?
We have hard limestone water.  That will also leave a white line or film where it sets.  An acid like vinegar or a Lime-A-Way product can remove that kind of deposit.  Hard water can also clog sprayer nozzles.
Best Wishes,
Christine