market-farming - [Market-farming] web sites

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] web sites
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 22:40:14 +0000

Hi Brigette,

For designing my websites, I use an open source program called Nvu
(http://www.nvu.com/) and I like it as much as I liked Front Page, maybe a
little more. It's free and easy to learn, and allows you to be as creative as
you like, but I don't think it comes with templates if you are wanting that.

For hosting, I use ICDSoft, an asian company and I think the hosting
including the domain name is around $60/yr. For additional sites the cost is
lower, around $45. Although the company is located in Singapore, I have
always had great help from them when i needed it (via email) and my servers
are located in Boston, although they do also have some overseas. I moved mine
to Boston a few years ago when there was a cable disruption from overseas
because of some storm or earthquake, can't remember what caused it exactly.
They transferred them over without a hitch.

My sites are listed below, if you'd like to look them over. The blog is done
using the program at blogger, though, not the Nvu software I mentioned.

hth,

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com
http://www.AncientEarthWisdom.com