market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rodents in High Tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rodents in High Tunnels
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:08:34 -0500

Feline feces is also teratogenic, and a cause of many birth defects (not
a problem for Pat, tho!). It is recommended that no pregnant people deal
with cat litter boxes for that reason - along with other disease
possibilities - as Allan stated. People with compromised immune systems
should avoid pet manure, for sure. In my pre-farm life, where i grew
most of our fresh vegies in town, keeping cats from neighborhoods OUT
(along with my own) was a priority. I bought alot of bulk cayenne to
spread atop the beds, as cats are quick learners after one lick on a
spicey paw.
I would try many other catching devices before allowing cats in my
hoophouse, whenever i finally get it covered.
Toni in KY

  • Re: [Market-farming] Rodents in High Tunnels, tonitime, 01/26/2008