market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cost to start plants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cost to start plants
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:02:40 -0500

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:58:54 -0600, you wrote:

>The T-8s are supposed to put out as much light as the 40W but less heat.

If I understand this correctly, you need a different fixture for them?

>I just had my walla walla onion seedlings start to bulb for having
>them under constant light. Do you think they'll bulb at 16 hours/day?

Sorry, I don't grow bulbing onions - I only grow scallions from sets. (I
don't grow carrots or bulbing onions - carrots because I gave up on them. I
can grow everything else, but not carrots. Onions because I can reliably
buy them very cheaply and prefer to grow veggies I cannot buy easily and
cheaply.)

Hopefully someone else can answer.

Pat
-- Northern Pennsylvania

Good planets are hard to find; let's take care of
the one we have.