market-farming - [Market-farming] tornado/winds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT hughes.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] tornado/winds
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:37:29 -0400

Beth, and anyone else in area,

I hope you didn’t have any damage at the Farmers Market in Plattsburg yesterday. I saw some coverage on the TV news this morning. Looks like Plattsburg was hit pretty hard, but didn’t hear where anyone was injured, thank goodness. I was just worried about your Farmers Market.

Grand Isle was hit, then it went over to the Georgia/Milton area. Looks like South Hero is good. I was in the Farmers Market in Winooski and we heard about the warning, but too late if it really would have hit us.  We had quite a bit of wind, but nothing super bad.

Grand isle had quite a bit of damage, and no electricity, maybe the road is open by now, but was closed last night. The area fire departments were working hard

after the incident.

I am from tornado country originally, and I didn’t like it there with the tornadoes, but here, they are so rare and there are no tornado sirens, or warnings. After yesterday, I am thinking of trying to find a small portable radio, weather alert device, something to take with me to the Markets, for my safety and knowledge if another bad storm like this one is anywhere around me. Does anyone have any ideas? Out of the 4 markets I do, this one yesterday is the only one I would have a good building to take cover in.

Sue Wells

Vermont