market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Microgreens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Home Grown Kansas! <hgkansas AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Microgreens
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 06:30:54 -0700 (PDT)

We like to use a product called "Baby Blanket" as a growing medium for micro greens.

You will find a wealth of information at the web site http://www.sproutpeople.com/seed/microgreens.html#anchor.desc.microgreens.  This web site will have info on which seeds to soak and which seeds not to soak.

We normally sell a 6-8 oz. clam shell of micro greens for $15 each in Wichita, Kansas.

Elzie

Angela Hemwall <hemwalla AT hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello to all and thanks for several years now of providing interesting and
educational dialogue.
Has anyone tried to grow microgreens? I've been doing pea shoots for awhile
now (I highly recommend them at $10/lb.-thanks to Lucy(?) for the directions
in a former post) and would like to branch out for my main restaurant
client. Do you soak the seeds for micros like the peas? Is the amount you
get worth it? I received a bunch of seed from Johnny's but haven't yet got
any instructions. Does it work best with a hydroponic setup or can you do it
with soil or soilless mix? Any tips would be great.
Thanks!
Angela Hemwall
Pierpont Farms
Columbia MO