market-farming - [Market-farming] dried herbs and peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "courtney mcleod" <sunmoonriver AT windstream.net>
  • To: "Market farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] dried herbs and peppers
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:49:35 -0400

No I don't and I should. I also grow and dry various culinary herbs and cayenne peppers but have yet to make blends with those. And since I'm in Ohio such things go under "cottage industry" regs.

BTW, where did you get your jars for garlic powder? Are they glass or plastic?

I don’t know if that was Lucy or Toni that wrote that…but I can tell you from experience here in North East Ohio…I am NOT allowed to dry peppers or herbs and re-sell them without a processing lic.  I too dry and grind my peppers and herbs for seasonings…but I am not legally allowed to sell them as I do not have a ceritified kitchen.  I still do at a couple of markets that I know I can…and they sell great. But I know I am not allowed.  I think it is totally ridiculous that I can not even sell dried herbs or peppers.  STUPID!  I too put my seasonings in little 1oz plastic jars with shakers tops and plastic lids.  I sell mine for $4 ea and they move pretty well!

Courtney

Middlefield, Oh

  • [Market-farming] dried herbs and peppers, courtney mcleod, 06/11/2007