market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Too wet?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: lists AT rhomestead.com, market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Too wet?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:58:51 -0400

Hi Beth,
I am a very small scale grower, and come from a very arid Central
Valley, CA climate, to this land of abundant rainfall.
I cannot say enough about growing back here using berm-type beds. For
us, we notice significant success that our neighbors do not back here.
They warm quickly in spring and drain off wonderfully in seasons of
rainfall deluge. While others are singing, "woe is me", our gardens take
off well and we do not have to wait for the ground to dry out for
plantings. We also know of no other way in heat/drought than irrigating
- while some farmers back here say their crops are dead because of no
rains ( but, we like many others do have a pond not too far from our
growing areas).
Good luck!
Toni in E. KY

  • Re: [Market-farming] Too wet?, tonitime, 06/11/2007