market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] today's weather/storm brewing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] today's weather/storm brewing
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:07:47 GMT

Ah, you are having the weather we had the last few years. Since 2002
we had been in a drought.
This year it started raining in April and now we are having the
second wettest season since the weather guys started keeping records.
The weeds love it. We can't get in the fields to cultivate, picking
is a nightmare in the suck your boots off mud, and transplanting?
Forget it. I have a greenhouse full of flowers that should have gone
out weeks ago. We all sat around at market yesterday grumbling about
the weather. It had started raining again, of course.
Carla
Perkins, Oklahoma