market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomato problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr - The Chile Man <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato problem
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 20:45:42 -0500

My guess is nitrogen deficiency.  Phosphorus deficiency produces purplish leaves, and does happen when the soil is too cold.

The wilts - fusarium and verticillium - can also produced yellowing, but your leaves will start to turn brown soon afterwards.

For more info on leaf symptoms, try Rodale's "Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control", 1992.

Robert Farr
The Chile Man
www.thechileman.com
(540) 668-7160

TxBeeFarmer wrote:
I'd guess Phosphorus deficiency.  I'd also guess you planted when the soil
was too cold.  Phosphorus is not usually a problem when the soil is warm.

TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b