market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomato problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato problem
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 08:05:24 -0400

On Sun, 6 May 2007 22:06:37 -0400, you wrote:

>> Subject: Tomato problem
>>

>>> Tomato variety Patio
>>>
>>> Growing in Pro-Mix BX
>>>
>>> 2 true leaves, less than 3" high
>>>
>>> Perimeter ( outer ends of leaves) healthy dary green, but fade to yellow
>>> toward center, and the worst have a white center.
>>>
>>> Other tomatoes doing well.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

Take a look here: http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/min-def/tomatoes.htm

It's a shame the photos aren't better, but maybe you can recognize the
problem in one of them. I was thinking that Photo #255 (magnesium
deficiency) resembles your description.

Pat

-- Northern Pennsylvania
'Every one of us can do something to protect and care for our planet.
We should live in a way that makes a future possible.'
- Thich Nhat Hanh