market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sprinklers for beds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT lobo.net>
  • To: waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com, market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sprinklers for beds
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:04:03 -0700

For small seed like carrots, that thin dusting of sifted compost may help
germination by slowing surface evaporation, as well as by helping hold
surface soil and seeds in place. Works for me. Either way a fine mist would
do less damage than heavy sprinkling, wouldn't it? I always have a problem
with wind so often it has to be misted by hand which takes close watching
for days. And carrots are notoriously slow anyway.

paul tradingpost AT lobo.net