market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] walk in cooler

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] walk in cooler
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:18:47 -0500

John,

The are the shipping containers used for frozen food.  Any big city that has a port will have companies nearby that are selling the used containers that are too small for today’s needs.  The nitrogen containers are usually cheaper that the standard shipping container due to demand (more people want the others for storage and to convert to offices.  They have 4 inch thick insulation, so add a compressor and you have a freezer or reefer or both.  Find out about them at: http://www.iport.com/insulated_container.html.  I saw this site on line, but have not dealt with them.

Maury

Woodland Produce- Fairton, New Jersey

Hydroponically producing sustainable salad greens in the Northeast.