market-farming - [Market-farming] Mexibell seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Bradshaw" <billbradshaw AT hughes.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Mexibell seed
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:31:02 -0600

E&R now has a phone and fax and email !
Phone 866-510-3337
Fax 260-692-6826
I have bought some things from them but not much. Bill

Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mexibell seed

On Jan 19, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Willie McKemie wrote:

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:08:00PM -0600, Bill Bradshaw wrote:
Bob thanks for the link. In all my seed search for years, I have never ran
across this site. Good Find! Willie How many pepper seed you figure per.
ounce? Most say 4000 oz.

I was hoping someone was gonna tell me. Since tomatoes are about 10M
per ounce, I would guess peppers ARE around 4M per ounce.

Johnny's says 3,400 to 4,900; average 4,000 seed per ounce.

Anyone else have any semi-obscure seed suppliers?

I have some of them, depending on the definition of "semi-obscure"; (for instance, Johnny's, Fedco, and High Mowing aren't obscure to Northeast organic growers, but they might be to conventional growers in the South, I don't know. And then there's E&R, nice prices if you don't mind communicating entirely by snail mail.). Are you mostly interested in the larger-scale people, or are you also interested in little guys? Most of the companies I order from start at garden-sized packets and go up from there; some of them go quite a long way up, others have small sizes only. Also, most of mine are northern USA oriented; might not be as much use in Texas.

Will try to sort out a current list of contact info, some time when I'm more awake, if there's interest.