market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mexibell seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mexibell seed
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:04:20 -0600

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:08:00PM -0600, Bill Bradshaw wrote:
> Bob thanks for the link. In all my seed search for years, I have never ran
> across this site. Good Find! Willie How many pepper seed you figure per.
> ounce? Most say 4000 oz.

I was hoping someone was gonna tell me. Since tomatoes are about 10M
per ounce, I would guess peppers ARE around 4M per ounce.

I was just entering some Ivy Garth selections in a spreadsheet. For
most commonly available varieties, they are 25-50% higher priced than
other sources.

We finished planting onions last week. Today, we are having our first
picking day in about a week. Surprisingly, we seem to have gotten no
damage from all the cold and ice; I guess the ice saved us. Chard,
green peas, garlic, onions, carrots, other greens, broccoli, spinach
all look good.

Anyone else have any semi-obscure seed suppliers? My main suppliers
(with Ivy Garth just added):
http://austinfarm.org/homegrown/hortsuppliers.html

Central Texas, south of Austin

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 306 days 21 hours 10 minutes