market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] basil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: farmersue AT hughes.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] basil
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:51:22 -0400

On Sep 29, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Sue Wells wrote:

<x-tad-smaller>Can you tell me at what low temperature basil starts dying at?</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Thank you.</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Sue Wells</x-tad-smaller>

32º F will kill it. It'll get pretty unhappy with any temperature in the 30's, and is not ecstatic about the 40's either, but won't usually actually die till frost hits it.